The Aobosi intdoor/outdoor portable hibachi grill is a very unique product; well, it’s unique in its category, but it’s a more affordable version of the Lotus Grill, which shares a very unique property; they’re both a smokeless charcoal grill. There’s no other design that is suitable for indoor grilling, and that’s what makes it special. Featuring an electric starter, and a fan to control temperature, the Aobosi grill can be moved even while lit; its design keeps the outer shell cool enough to touch with your bare hands. But the real question is this: is it any good?
- TURBO FAN SYSTEM, 90% SMOKE REDUCTION. ---The turbo fan is powered by...
- EASY TO CARRY & GO ---Coming with a carrying case, the portable Mini...
- HEALTHY AND TASTY BARBECUING FOOD---With Aobosi compact charcoal...
- LAYERED DESIGN & SAFETY---Simple to assemble and dismantle barrel type...
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL& WASHABLE---By regulating the switch of the fan,...
Key Features (from the manufacturer)
- Portabletravel grill with fitted carrying case；Only 15.2 x 15.1 x 10.2 inches in size and 11.6 pounds in weight which make this charcoal grill easy to move, easy to carry and easy to grasp. Thus it is suitable for camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, picnic, party or simply let it stay in your kitchen.
- Simple to assembleand dismantle barrel type indoor grill, the SS wire rack and container are dishwasher safe, made of stainless steel, rust-proof, and noncorrosive.
- No soot, control lampblack effect as high as 80%. Nearly smokeless charcoal grill, suitable for barbecuing indoor and outdoor; This personal grill has a built-in battery operated fan which works just like a bellow； The fan blows air directly into the charcoal inside which makes the charcoal burns cleaner and more effectively； Because of the distinctive structure of this picnic grill, food grease will not drop in the charcoal and avoid smoke.
- Adjustable fancontrols the heat output of the grill.
- The housing of this charcoal grill is made ofpowder-coated steelwhich never gets hot during use.
- 1 year warrantyand friendly, easy-to-reach support.
Out of the box
The Aobosi grill is an interesting cat. It’s great for Japanese grilling or Korean BBQ grilling. You use solid alcohol as the combustible material to start the charcoal. We recommend Fire Gel. Once you apply the gel to the plate, you place it in the unit, light it, and then put the charcoal cylinder (with charcoal loaded, of course) on top of the lit fire plate. Next, make sure the cap to the cylinder is in place, and then install the grate. Using the fan controller, you can make sure that the charcoal is fired to yoaur liking, and it will circulate the heat around the unit. This fan is critical to a good grilling experience. If your fan doesn’t work, return the unit, so you’ll get the best experience. There’ll be a bit of smoke right at the beginning, but the unit was truly designed to run smokeless. The two critical design elements that make it smokeless are the alcohol-based ignition, and the charcoal cylinder’s cover, which prevents food drippings from landing on the charcoal, causing flame-ups and smoke. It is also very compact, about the size of a basketball, and the fact that it stays cool enough on the outside makes it a very versatile option for your outdoor grilling needs. This is a perfect grill for a tailgate party, and a definite eye-catching topic of discussion. As with all charcoal grills we’ve reviewed, practice makes perfect. Be sure to you become familiar with the heat output, and you’ll find this is a neat little grill that will save you a few dollars over the other smokeless grills on the market.
As the Aobosi Grill is similarly built to many like it, we’re listing out the alternatives here in case one or the other is out of stock or if there may be a better deal.
- Smokeless, portable when in use
- Raised outer ring on grate prevents food from falling offer
- Small cooking area
- Slightly more complicated to use
- Requires powered fan for maximum performance and control
The Aobosi Grill is a very unique product. Smokeless charcoal grilling is a relatively new idea, and the technology that the Aobosi smokeless grill brings to the table open up new possibilities to outdoor AND indoor grilling. We like the design, the included carrying case, and think it’s worthy of consideration for your next tail-gaiting or camping excursion. Just don’t forget the batteries.