Kamado Grills have been in existence for thousands of years. Normally, these grills are built with ceramic shells, however, no less than one is all metal and others utilize different materials that are similar to stone. Thus, these charcoal grills have incredible insulation, high productivity, and the capacity to hold high and low temperatures, which makes them ideal for smoking and grilling. A decent Kamado Grill is sturdy, has great support and top quality components. Here, we will review 10 of the best Kamado grills 2017, and we will also discuss the things to consider when looking to purchase one. We hope you will make an informed decision after going through each of them.
Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Kooker
- 314 square inches of primary cooking space, warming rack 133 square...
- Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow...
- Cooking surface is cast iron, Body is constructed of 22 gauge steel,...
- Cart is constructed of tubular steel w/rubber wheels, locking caster...
- Features Locking Lid, 2 folding black metal shelves, Easy dump ash...
The Akorn is an insulated, double-walled, grill that is a lot lighter and in some ways stronger in comparison to the well known Big Green Egg smoker—and being sold at half of the cost at that.
This incredible cooking device has an insulated design, and it enables you to cook utilizing less charcoal. Also, the shell’s design additionally seals in dampness, so your meats turn out succulent without fail. The cooking surface is made of solid metal, which heats up rapidly and retains heat for cooking even.
This model performs genuinely near conventional kamados at less the cost. In case you are interested in kamados and you have been waiting for the perfect time and cost, perhaps, this is a top-rated kamado grill, coming at the best price.
Pit Boss Kamado Grill
- Featuring a heavy ceramic body the kamado is the ideal environment for...
- The cast iron top tamper gives you full control over air flow allowing...
- The solid bamboo side shelves are sturdy and fold down for easy...
- Dual tier cooking grates provide even more space to make the most of...
The Pit Boss K22 Model 71220 Kamado BBQ Ceramic Grill Cooker is the ideal present for someone aspiring to be a chef. It consolidates versatility and good quality to deliver enjoyable barbecue. It’s an all-inclusive charcoal grill that will cook pretty much anything you ask it to cook. Additionally, this model offers a lot of cooking space at the cost. Consistent with the Pit Boss brand, this cooker consolidates affordability with tons of great features. Nevertheless, once you utilize a Pit Boss, it is quite simple to see where they have upgraded their designs to minimize their costs. This is a good ceramic grill.
Dome Infinity Series
- 255 square inches, up to 432 with rack extensions (sold separately)
- Superior thermal efficiency with premium terapex ceramics
- Unmatched featherlite hinge system which allows you to lift lid with...
- Heavy Duty 304 stainless hardware makes it rust-free
- Ready to cook in about 10 min, easy to clean
Grill Domes infinity series is an incredible all-inclusive outdoor grill. You can BBQ, smoke, grill, heat, and burn all on the infinity series grill. This excellent product enables you to cook anywhere in the range of 200 degrees to 750 degrees. This device is excellently insulated to retain heat more effectively, guaranteeing more consistent temperature control whilst expending much less fuel. The Infinity Series is made to be sturdy and lasts a lot longer than ordinary smokers and grills made of metal that last just 3 to 4 years on an average. According to reviews by customers, this smoker is great in all regards.
Char-Griller Kamado with Cart
- Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow...
- 314 Square inches of primary cooking space
- Tubular steel cart construction, 26" X 26" Of prep/serving space
- Dual adjustable dampers for maintaining specific temperatures
- Cast iron cooking grates enhance flavors and heat evenly
The Char-Griller Akorn Kamado with Cart is a versatile grill to make an enjoyable barbecue. This cooker can achieve 700 degrees Fahrenheit and keep up reliable temperatures between 200 – 700 degrees Fahrenheit. This enables to cook anything from cookies to steaks. For longevity and durability, this model is created double-walled steel. The Char-Griller is a high-quality kamado BBQ and is excellently built while being affordable. The Char-Griller Akorn Kamado with Cart was made for professional BBQ’er in everybody. Regardless of whether you barbecue professional evens or in your backyard, the reliable cooking temperatures and spacious capacity make for delightful BBQ.
- Ability to move between temperatures of 200Degree and 700Degree+ in...
- Superior heat retention creates more eco-friendly coal consumption and...
- The self contained cooking environment eliminates hot spots and flare...
- Ceramic construction eliminates exterior contact burn risk and allows...
- 596 square Inch of grill space
The Vision Grills Kamado BBQ comes with a Super Bundle comprising of a double purpose 100 percent heat deflector and Electric Charcoal Starter. It reproduces wood oven cooking and gives versatility to smoke, sear and grill meats and vegetables and additionally prepare bread and pizzas. The Patent Pending “ProZone” will take your barbecuing to another level with an Electric Starter Port, dedicated Grilling and Smoker draft vents for unrivaled temperature control and a Removable Ash Drawer for simple wipe out. This is a high-quality ceramic smoker and is unquestionably constructed to last.
Blaze Aluminum Kamabig
- Model #: BLZ-20-KAMADO
- Kamado Grill only
- Cart (BLZ-20KAMADO2-CART) can be bought seperately
- Grill Dimensions: 27.87" W x 33.87" H
Blaze presents the first ever kamado grill built with solid cast aluminum. The exceptional all-aluminum build gives supreme sturdiness, and the same remarkable heat retention and temperature control kamado grills are renowned for. Additionally, the non-porous body means any wood fuel or charcoal can be used, and also any method of ignition can be used without stressing about spoiling the grill. The Blaze kamado’s steel aluminum body, hinge, stainless steel cooking grids, and every other part are covered by a lifetime guarantee.
Kamado Joe Classic
- Premium 18″ Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Cart & Locking Wheels –...
- 2-Tier Divide & Conquer - Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System...
- Control Tower Top Vent - Maintains consistent air setting for precise...
- Patented Air Lift Hinge – Reduce dome weight by 96% with the...
- AMP (Advanced Multi-Panel) FireBox – The patent pending six-piece...
With great adaptability and tons of features, the Kamado Joe classic takes craftsmanship and innovation to a whole new level. The inbuilt thermometer enables you to see the internal temperature, while the simple slide-out ash compartment makes it easy to tidy up. With the temperature ranging from 225F-750F, you can cook slow and long, or hot and quick. From grilling to baking, searing and smoking, the Classic Joe is up to the task.
The Classic Joe sits on a tough cast with locking wheels, so you can move the device easily wherever you want. Alongside the grill, the Classic Joe additionally accompanies the Divide and Conquer cooking system, a grill gripper and an ash tool.
Broil King Keg
- DESIGNED FOR DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE - the Keg features an...
- COOK MORE, USE LESS CHARCOAL - with its insulated steel design, cast...
- QUICK & EASY CLEAN UP - a removable steel ash catcher makes it quick...
- PACKED WITH EXTRAS - unlike many kamado grills the Keg 5000 comes out...
- BUILT TO LAST - with a 10-year warranty on the grill body and a 2-year...
The Broil King Keg Grill is very similar to the Big Green Egg grill, especially with the egg style and size, and their accessories and grates are even exchangeable. However, this one has a few really impressive features and incredible design. The Broil King Keg model has the capability to hit high temperatures whilst remaining cool on the external part with incredible temperature control, this barbecue truly is an astonishing unit.
While this is an incredible cooking device, there are a few little issues with the design that may give you problems.
Char Broil Kamander
- 327 Square inch cooking area with 142 Square inch secondary cooking...
- Ultimate versatility- smoke, roaster or grill all on one unit
- Unique intake channel and top damper provide easier heat and cooking...
- Ash pan removes from the top- no bottom openings to prevent potential...
- Features double-walled Steel construction and large Folding side shelf
Coming in at about $350, this cool product from Char-Broil is a total package including a fold down side table, wheeled ‘truck’, waterpan/diffuser, and warming rack. With no doubt, this device is one of the least costly Kamado grills to be ever made available in the market. While this one might not possess the quality of its ceramic counterparts, the cost is really difficult to contend with. Useful and ready to do everything that the other models can, this may very well be most handy Kamado smoker ever manufactured.
Primo Grills and Smokers All-in-One
- Made In The USA
- 95% Assembled
- 20 Year Warranty
Primo also manufactures the customary round Kamado style grill/barbeque. This 18.5″ barbeque comes with an ergonomic handle, a cradle stand, an ash tool, a grid lifter, and side shelves. The cooking space is 280 square inches, nearly the same as the Primo Oval LG 300. Essentially, you get the total grilling bundle; the main thing you will be missing is the charcoal and the meat. Without any doubt, this is a very durable product which is built using the best ceramics available only. With all the extra features included, while being really affordable, this is like a steal for any chef. This is a really cheap kamado cooker.
How To Choose The Best Kamado Grill
When looking to choose a kamado grill, there are few features you should consider. It is recommended to put these things into consideration so as to buy the best.
In the end, everything in life eventually comes down to money. However, not everybody can afford what they consider to be the best kamado grill, unfortunately. Particularly if you like the Kamado Joe Pro or the Big Bad Komodo Kamado – Both well over $5.000. Is it in your budget range?
It is important to consider the size of the grill you want to use as the size will determine how much meat you can cook at once. Are you going to be cooking for your household or you will be hosting your neighbors for backyard parties? Ask yourself this question before making your buy, and if you are choosing the former, go for mini or small kamado grills, and if you are opting for the latter, there are large kamado grills for you.
While several products offer comparable performance, they do not really come packed with similar features. When choosing between kamado grills, take a gander at the included accessories. Is it the grill only? Or, does it come with a few accessories? With regards to incorporated accessories, an essential one is likely the diffuser plate.
Conventional kamado grills are made from ceramic, which is known to be an exceptional heat absorber and holds moisture to keep food tender and moist. Nonetheless, ceramic is weighty and quite fragile—it gets cracked quite easily. Hence, a few brands have begun making steel kamados. This kind of kamados have been built to have similar heat retention as ceramic grills, however, they are more durable and are lighter.
In an industry with a lot of dedicated and keen followers, having a good reputation is extremely important. In the event that someone is making products that are substandard, you can be sure that the brand will not last for long. Therefore, ensure you check out what other people are saying, read customer reviews and rating, and find out about the best brands. Do this before buying something.
Kamado Joe Vs Big Green Egg
Being the two most well-known brands in the Kamado grill industry, it’s no surprise that Kamado Joe and Big Green Egg are often compared. The first and most popular ceramic grill available, Big Green Egg is practically responsible for the surge in kamado grills popularity in recent years. Nonetheless, there has been a surge in the following of Kamado Joe due to its constant development and comprehensive accessory packages that provide all that you require at a price.
- Locking wheels
- Airlift hinge
- Divide and conquer cooking system
- Ash tool
- An ash drawer
- Grill gripper
Big Green Egg
- The Big Green Egg comes with no accessories
- Several levels, half-rack built enable you to prepare various foods utilizing several styles at different temperatures, simultaneously
- Divide and Conquer®
Big Green Egg
- No versatility whatsoever
- Basic stage cooking system
Differences between Kamado Joe and Big Green Egg
Kamado Joe’s Air Lift Hinge decreases the weight of the grill by 96 percent. The lid is so light that it can be lifted with a finger. On the other hand, the lid of the Big Green Egg is weighty. May slam or fall when closing or lifting. Kamado Joe’s ash drawer means clean up will be a breeze. With this “egg” barbeque, you need to sweep ash collected underneath its fire box awkwardly. Kamado Joe features a very tight latch so that smoke and heat can be locked in for the ideal meal. A top quality fiberglass covering is built to deal with extreme temperatures.